As we are about to close for the Christmas period, we look forward to our future in 2020. We are returning to the Community room Tesco Extra Trowbridge 6th January). And our first session of Art at our Thursday location the Town Hall will be on 9th January.
Our first big announcement is that we becoming Unincorporated Association this means we now have a group of trustees and are becoming more organised.
We will soon have our own bank account and we will be able to raise our own funds get our own Public Liability Insurance and become truly autonomous.
Our next big announcement is from February we will have a new program of activities. Our new program will be as following: –
The first Monday of each month we will open from 9:00 am to 4 pm in The community room Tesco Extra Trowbridge with the following activities:-
- 9:30 am to 12 pm Meditation, Mindfulness and me
A course covering different types of meditation and the benefits to finding a daily practice,
- 12 pm to 1 pm bring your lunch and join us for a chat an ideal time for support staff and those interested in joining the group can come and chat and find out more.
- 1pm to 4pm mindful colouring and other activities.
The first Wednesday of each month we open at from 9:30 am till 12 pm in The community room Tesco Extra Trowbridge with the men’s group.
- We are going to start a men’s only group, activities will be at the group’s purview and dictated by the needs and wants of the group.
The third Monday of each month we open from 1 pm to 5 pm in The community room Tesco Extra Trowbridge with Knit and Natter.
- Bring your own knitting or crocheting and join us for a coffee and a chat, whether you’re a season knitter / crocheter or you just want to learn our group member will help you so come along a learn a new skill / hobby.
Every Thursday we have an Art session at Town Hall Trowbridge
- Thanks to the support of Town Hall Arts we have a dedicated art space and we are slowly building up supplies. We will also be looking for Artists to come in a give demonstration and tutorials to the group.
- We also intend to have an exhibition of the work created with the group
Our remaining sessions the second Monday of each month 1:30 pm to 5 in The community room Tesco Extra Trowbridge all other Mondays unless stated are 1 pm to 5 pm in The community room Tesco Extra Trowbridge will either be open sessions with no fixed activities or Group Member lead session or visit and talk by external agencies.
As we go forward into 2020 we will continue to support local services like the HUB @BA14 / Trowbridge Futures and Trowbridge Pride and any organisation that works to improve the lives of those that live in and around Trowbridge
Please be willing donate when we are ready to accept donations we will need your help to keep going forward our first big cost will be our liability insurance which will be £150 once we have that we are secured for another year to keep helping those with mental ill health in Trowbridge.